View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2024, 08:37 (Ref:4194105)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few examples that (I think) are actually on-topic for this thread:

During the 2023 season, DHL used a fleet of trucks using biofuel.

Across the nine European rounds, 18 trucks were powered by HVO100 drop-in fuel (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and travelled more than 10,600 km, transporting an average of 300 tonnes of vital freight per race. This delivered an 83% reduction in carbon emissions.

Ellen Jones: “Reductions such as 83% with the use of the biofuel-powered trucks provide a fantastic platform to build upon, which we will analyse and then continue to deliver in our 2024 season, ensuring that these savings move from a single initiative to business-as-usual carbon reductions.

“Transport and logistics make up a significant portion of our carbon footprint in our sport, and it is crucial to have likeminded partners like DHL that are committed to working with us to drive these down and help us realise our Net Zero target.”

'In 2026, alongside the introduction of the next-generation hybrid engine, F1 cars will be powered by advanced sustainable fuel, following on from this year’s F2 and F3 championships being powered by 55% sustainable fuel in partnership with Aramco.'