View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2024, 10:57 (Ref:4195521)   #117
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great news! You must all be relieved by that news?

Not quite out of the woods yet, but as EB said, it should be easily doable to get the cars there in time now that they're cleared through customs.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they're not hampered by tachograph restrictions there, so maybe the driver can make good time?

I've noticed that, in many respects, they don't go in for all the rules & regulations and nannying behaviour that we have here. People are - shock, horror - still expected to actually have some personal responsibility.

I remember one time we were driving along a coastal route not far outside Auckland, and there had been some storms in the days previous which had washed away part of the road where there was a drop down to the beach. There was just about enough of the tarmac left intact to squeeze through slowly one car at a time. Now, if that had been here, the entire road and beach would be cordoned off for about a mile in each direction, along with barriers, cones, diversions, warning signs & flashing lights, and it would most likely remain that way for months. What did they do there? A few cones around the edge of the collapse and a sign saying mind how you go!