Thread: 2024 WSB
View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4198744)   #7
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im not sure I like this compulsory set or minimum time pit stop thing. It looked like total confusion with utter chaos, and presumably was something to theoretically enhance the show.
This pitstops and such was for Phillip Island only as far as I know, I think I'm right about that. Once again, it was because the tyres wouldn't last because of the track surface.

This isn't the first time we've had this and I have to ask how this whole 'tyres won't last so pitstop for safety' has become normalised in the last couple of years. What happened to building tyres which will last the advertised race distance? Wasn't that the aim back in the day until this whole one make supplier became a thing and we had tyres which won't last races in certain conditions. To me, it has become a lame excuse not to do a better job but maybe I'm being too simplistic in my take. The manufacturer involved has a history with this sort of thing. Hiding behind 'safety'.

Anyway, my cheeky quip about the European Superbike championship hasn't is because it seems just one or two races outside a heavily Eurocentric calendar makes you a world championship series.