View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2024, 15:27 (Ref:4198907)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
The big question surely is whether not these changes attract more manufacturers? The ongoing pitiful top level entry cannot be maintained, I'm surprised that any major sponsors are at all interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
There have been rumours Lancia would return if hybrid was junked.

Next step would be for R2 and maybe R3 to be based on same chassis.
I think making the Rally1 cars use engines and transmissions from the Rally 2 cars is a good move - that removes cost a from the development. Add in the cost cap and BoP and in theory it makes the jump from Rally 2 to Rally 1 much less significant in terms of cost for a manufacturer. So those manufacturers with Rally 2 cars could be tempted to step up. Lancia is interesting - obviously they have huge rally history but currently they barely register, how many models do they even make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Works teams need to be limited to two cars
I don't think that's an option until they've got more manufacturers. Or at least until there are independent teams running Rally 1 cars - at the moment we need all the Rally 1 entries we can get.