View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2024, 20:27 (Ref:4200905)   #841
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That will depend on how well it sells.
I am not sure if you are joking or not. It actually doesn't have to sell much if at all. It's existence is all that would matter. In fact, they may not even need to make it. For the most part this drama is somewhat living within the F1 bubble (fan, teams, F1 specific media, etc.) I think the juiciness of the drama has allowed it to creep over into mainstream news just a bit. This is given name recognition of both Red Bull and Geri Halliwell as well as anything that hints at a "me too" type of situation. Having a highly successful and well known pop culture band such as U2 enter the fray and it elevates this to a much higher level of visibility. It would spill right out of the F1 bubble and into "general news".

It would play out in the media as "U2 creates song to protest sexual abuse by Red Bull executives" or something to that effect. Is that a fair assessment or portrayal of the situation? We know it's more nuanced than that, but the headline has to be short and have a hook.

Richard