View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2024, 12:40 (Ref:4201123)   #2
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymar93 View Post
Hi. I wondered if someone can give me a bit of advice please. I have a 1965 amazon, which we are currently building to race. I understand that the rear axle is a weak point with the amazon and i have been given different advice. I have been told that as it is a safety issue you can replace with an axle including rear brakes (was changed to discs from drums) from a car after 1966 when they were improved in period. However, would this be acceptable under appendix k? If not it seems quite a bit of work to improve the original axle. Thanks Mark
It does get very complicated .
Under APP K some changes were allowed , like later mods on the original Homologation papers , but they would often put the car into a later dated class .
It can depend on the regs for the series you want to enter , as to dating of classes .
There is a later rear axle shown on the Homologation papers in Aug 1966 , which might be what you need , although that does not have discs .
https://historicdb.fia.com/
You could try looking through the Homologations in the above link, and read up on App K , but you also need to know the regs for the series you want to run in .And if possible find someone who races a similar model and ask them what they do .