Thread: TCR UK 2024
View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4201860)   #69
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Is there not a possibility that some people might be holding out for a better deal?
Once the BTCC registration passes I agree that a few might look at TCR, but could there be a few who want TCR who might wait till the last minute to take a drive to down the cost a little?

Can't agree on Boardely having it easy. I think Hutchison in the Cupra will be a little faster, maybe not as clever, but look at Donington race one. I know he dominated race two before being DSQ with Smiley (and according to the teams a few more would have failed on that - which wasn't a performance advantage) but his race one performance was one of the best of the year, and for a full season? Not all in the hand of one man me thinks.
I also wonder if a few people (like Shepherd and Winfield did last year) will compete on a race-by-race basis, depending on finances, and so haven't made an official entry confirmation.

I'd say Boardley is favourite, but that Hutchison has the potential to run him close. I'd also say Newsham, if the team can get the i30 N running more reliably than 2023, has the chance to fight near the front, whilst Powell and the Civic, and the Lynk & Co effort are slightly unknown quantities coming into the season.