View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2024, 23:36 (Ref:4204994)   #33
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Peter, is your old Rover jinxed at Goodwood; it doesn't seem to have made either races?

As to the first lap race of the Gordon Spice Sprint, if the driver of the Mini had got off the brakes when he got it all wrong and was locked up over the grass, then he may have been able to get control of the car rather than spearing across the track into the Rover.

That was my first thought about the Mini, but I did wonder whether the steering had broken as in one shot of it from the front the left wheel seemed to be steering hard left, whereas a shot of it from the rear seemed to show the right wheel steering right...... I'd need to go back and review the footage to be sure, tho......

What did surprise me was the delay in red-flagging it - I called it as a red flag as soon as it happened.....