View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 09:32 (Ref:4206005)   #3227
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Disagree with every aspect of this comment.
I find Nico is willing to express his opinions without being scared of offending someone which is what journalists/commentators are supposed to do.
Plenty of praise from him for drivers when it is justified.It’s not faked.
Faking it is what the TV commentators in your beloved Supercars do.
Praising a bloke on the broadcast after having smashed him in the wider press makes for a fickle friend. It’s been done to Mr Hamilton and Mr Ricciardo amongst others. Some of the on air criticism of Mr Hamilton has been dreadful and disrespectful to my old ears.

Bias is fine when you can see it. You can choose to listen, or couch it in that bias to neutralise it. Flip flopping as a fair weather supporter is tiring and makes the mute button my friend.

Perhaps we could switch Ms Schiff’s sharing back into the mix. Or indeed make more of Ms Collins’ talents.

And yes, the V8Supercar coverage has more rough spots in the commentary team and practices than desirable. They seem to be working on it.. but that seems to have reduced screen time for the one bloke who knows how the world works.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods