View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4206049)   #3027
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
You're comparing best BTCC team's cost with cheapest TCR.

Also, the BTCC season has 30 races over ten weekends, while TCR has 14 over seven. So staff costs will be 50% higher, you'll use more than twice as many tyres, brake pads/disks, other lifeable parts, more opportunities to pick up damage, etc.
TCR is 20 races over seven weekends - three races at each round apart from Oulton (two.)

I think the big giveaway is things like Boardley as champion is running from a car trailer and van, there's about three lorries in the paddock overall, some teams literally have three or four people working on the cars. A couple of fairly pro teams (Marshall, Hutchison) versus club racers with cars that are not cheap to buy, run, repair.

Much as I enjoy TCR UK, it is just a high end club series, which is reflected in a paddock full of road cars, engineering debriefs taking place on a single laptop on a picnic table beside a car and sandwiches served from a tupperware box.

But it does make me think one thing, the ideal is somewhere in the middle. If you can run a TCR car with so few people, do BTCC cars need so many folk working on them? Yes, I know, when I've previously posted that question the replies have mentioned many people effectivley working unpaid, but if you're paying for uniform, 20 nights in a hotel over a season and food it adds up, along with a host of other things.