View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2024, 14:31 (Ref:4206183)   #3238
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Sorry.I actually agree with your point about journalism.With the caveat of the old saying that “Journalism is something that someone doesn’t want you to know about.Everything else is just public relations”.
In the context of the Sky F1 coverage only the race commentator and pit reporter needs to take the role of a journalist.The rest are pundits.
yeah thats more than fair. actually was thinking more about it as well and typically in sports the commentary features one play by play/race commentator (which is essentially a plain reporting of facts as they occur so they indeed do fit my notion of a journo as you allude to) and the other being the colour commentator (basically the pundit offering insight or instigation).

so upon reflection i both see your point and also agree with it...despite my earlier hot take lol!