Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2024, 16:59 (Ref:4206424)   #155
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam I am afraid I beg to differ about Silverstone, I feel their eggs are only in one basket and right now, they make SOOO much money from it, compared to what they used to they really do not give a toss about anything else, they make an effort for sure, contractually they probably have to, but dwindling gates and a very serious rise in people really starting to loath the place and go elsewhere BECAUSE of this attitude will eventually start to hurt them.

They love clubbies, why? Because they have to do the grand total of sod all to host them, they get no crowd, so have very little to do other than charge a club, provide some basics and that's about it, it is stuff liek BSB, GTWC. those kinds of things that they used to run and now do not at all or as much, they take an awful lot more doing as they can get bigger crowds, which means roe expenditure for less income, they dont expect an income from clubbies, hence they do them, but even in that way there are far,m far less than there were even 5 years ago, I know as I live right next to the damn place. and the calendar now is tiny compared to what it was.

F1 is just a giant money pit for them, fair enough they went though the mill to get here. And hundreds of thousands of sheep are happy to pay vastly inflated prices to watch it, why not mile them. If you can milk sheep.

I would love to see modern WEC there, but it is not going to happen until probably the cirrent bubble bursts, as it will, they always do sadly!!