Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4206456)   #156
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are aligned on that one event is much more impactful and takes more resource than the others. For obvious reasons.

But that is different from not caring. Which is what I’m getting at. So I guess we are just have different use of the word caring here. Unless you are saying they genuinely don’t care (like) Motorsport. Which I guess you are not.

When I’ve been there both for clubbies and also horrible corporate crap those related to the circuit clearly inherently care for the sport. All of it. BTW they run the latter because they are a business. Doing so means it remains open to do what they care about.

Even if they do care a great deal they can’t put on an event that ain’t going to work for them. WEC came with too much (increasing) cost and baggage for reward to be viable.

They have to deal with the harsh realities of running the venue. We don’t, but I’m not so quick to dismiss them.

Also for what it is worth I really like racing there. Best place in UK to play high speed. So maybe that colors my judgement.