Thread: Team Adrian Newey
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2024, 07:19 (Ref:4206607)   #20
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Isn't Newey self-employed and provides his expertise through a service company? Wasn't that one of the problems that Red Bull Racing had when their accounts were audited for the first time under the budget cap?

If the above is still relevant, I doubt whether he would have accepted a contract to provide services to Red Bull that included any clauses that demanded gardening leave in the event that he wanted to pursue other opportunities.
I agree Mike. He’s a contractor/consultant. I cannot believe that the contract he signed with RBR would be that restrictive in terms of both notice period and stipulations as to restrictive windows before working for a ‘competitor’. When he started contracting (late teens?) he would have been one of the most sought after designers in the business and he simply wouldn’t have needed to have accepted such a restrictive contract, especially given as a contractor he probably needs next to no notice from RBR to be terminated. All very different when you’re a contractor earlier in your career …..like me (!) where the employers have the stronger hand.
IF he does go (and again the reporting around RBR seems very fragmented), I can see him working for another team soon, and very lucratively too.
Just my 2 pence.