View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4206679)   #58
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm aware that I do have a tendency to not appreciate change, and I must admit that I didn't enjoy the new qualifying procedure. It felt too bitty, and didn't have a natural feel to it, which was made worse, for me, because Huff was stopped from joining in because of regulation that really has no point; what difference does it make if the car was inside the garage or just outside when the session started? If the wheels had been on, the team could have pushed it outside and continued working on it, much in the same way that a team can work on a car if it comes in to the pits during qualification. It's a rule for a rules sake; and I would be saying the same no matter who the driver was, as I have no feelings one way or the other about Huff.

I also felt that a 10 minute session did potentially give the BMW boys a slight advantage, although because of the changing conditions in session 1, that was nullified somewhat. That advantage may be amplified somewhat at the longer circuits, such as the two GP tracks, plus Snetterton ,Croft and Oulton. That it didn't beat Ingram and Sutton is a testament to those two, but I do think that it may well come into play later this season.