View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2024, 06:31 (Ref:4206717)   #65
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD View Post
There's a lot of people adverse to change mind isn't there!!! First session of the year let's not write it off just yet. That qualifying session might have provided us with a mixed starting grid that gives us with a great race. We will soon find out!

If it mixes it up on a regular basis it's a good move for me. I'll sacrifice seeing everyone on the track at once if it stops one team dominating every qualifying session.
I expressed my thoughts earlier and thought the new format was great as it added a little jeopardy if you were not thinking on your feet or as in yesterday the weather intervened . If we used the usual format yesterday everyone would have been sitting around waiting for the rain to clear which exites no one. Given that they now share similar grid sizes and multi car teams they could have tried the F1 format which gives more track time but it’s unfair on the small teams who drop out in Q1 . Also those who know they have speed are tempted to take in easy and just do enough until they reach Q3. No system is perfect but this does the trick of shaking things up a little.Also as hinted by the commentary team yesterday the field was equal but in future we have the hybrid penalties to factor in. Be interesting to see what happens then.