View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2024, 22:24 (Ref:4206931)   #215
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a spectator I was frustrated but it felt like we were all frustrated about the same situation together rather than anyone being at fault.

I just plonked myself into the covered grandstand and awaited further information, then trudged down to the old hairpin when racing resumed (best place to watch in British Motorsport imo, always action down there)
All the series in action today put on a great show in trying circumstances to give us some good memories to go home with so when we think back to the day all we'll remember how great the BTCC or Legends races were or that Wet/Dry mini race and we'll eventually forget how long we had to wait in the cold and rain!
(with the possible exception of the Radicals though that stunk up the show a tad. Maybe I just don't "get" them but I'd happily not have them on the BTCC package ever again, aside from the start crash they didn't do anything all weekend....boot them over to British GT or something and leave more room for more racy supports!)

I was also struck by the policy to allow snatched vehicles to return back to the paddock using the external paths the spectators would be on, any situation where racing drivers who are full of adrenaline and disappointment and spectators trying to get a selfie with one of the machines they've come to see as it drives past the other side of the barriers is asking for trouble in my opinion.
Couldn't they just keep the cars behind the barriers and let them drive back on circuit at the end of the sessions?
Likewise some of the snatch tractors themselves were really teararsing it around the spectator side of the fencing in their haste to get to incidents, recipe for disaster there too

Overall, perfect conditions for great racing, terrible conditions for spectating, I had such a good and such a terrible day all in one go!