Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2024, 12:44 (Ref:4206974)   #177
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel simply that calendar wise there is only one venue that can hold WEC in the UK. Donington is far too narrow, as is Brands which is also too dangerous, it was already been butchered years ago by MSV for risk assessment reasons. So I would not want a Grade 1 event there is it would destroy the track as it is, presumably something Palmer agrees with.

And my point about Silverstone is their eggs right now are in one basket and one basket only. MotoGP has suffered a large drop in crowds and probably costs a pretty penny to host, so I would not be shocked if they (a bit like BSB) make little effort to ensure that is there in the future.

They host a few tuner events etc, but again little risk, the promoter does all the work, the track has to provide far less. The Classic, I don't know but the crowds at that event seem to have dropped a lot aswell.

There were very few people there yesterday from what I saw. And maybe they would need a crowd of 30-50k to make some serious money from WEC, a crowd they never got anywhere near even in the halcyon LMP1 days.

SO business wise I get the point, but they have gone form a venue that would happily it seems host anything, to a venue that has its money pit and is happy to allow all sorts of series to fade away from the UK, I understand the profit and business decisions, but when you tether that with how dull, empty and vacuous the place is, it all helps to push this poor opinion some of us have.

If you look at Trustpilot nearly every review is linked to F1, nothing else.

It really is at the moment all they exist for, clubbies run themselves.

And yes you cannot watch testing at ANY time, I emailed them and asked.