Thread: British GT 2024
View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2024, 20:47 (Ref:4207025)   #174
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally after witnessing the first two rounds some of the incidents have left the racing very poor at times actually meaning a lot of safety car and yellow flag running.

This is not great for tv or people attending, in fact at Oulton you could literally see people just leaving the track after about 10 minutes of seeing this going on.

This is what happens when you put very rich men with a let's say an average amount of skill into very tricky to drive GT cars on very tricky circuits./ I do not know if you have tried, but trying to get round Oulton or Donington in a sim is far harder than trying to get round Spa or Monza!!

I have no issue whatsoever with the class mix, I do however think that maybe GT3 is not really suited to most venues in the UK, GT4 is fine, but I think at times GT3 has almost outgrown UK tracks.

I will certainly knock people out of their depth, as they just have egos that tell them they are fine, sorry but no. Some of them are very good, as good as pro's just slower, but some of them, sorry should not be anywhere near this level, but it has always been the way and that is how we are here.