View Single Post
Old 20 May 2024, 10:26 (Ref:4209649)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still on the first page, says it all about that race. It was all pretty tedious until the last few laps which thankfully raised it to some degree. A few more laps would have been very tasty indeed.

Yuki Tsunoda performed way above expectation in qually and even the honey sloth got himself into Q3, so it was looking very good for the team formerly known as Toro Rosso. The race wasn't quite so great for them but Yuki was still going well, especially early on. I still rate him as the best prospect for the Number 2 seat at Red Bull next year.

Mercedes could have pitted both cars near the end and let them both have a bash at fastest lap. But instead they only brought in Russell so he lost one point for position and gained one for fastest lap. Meanwhile Hamilton gained one for position. My first thought was they are now favouring Russell but the arithmetic says no. Did they think only Russell had the wherewithal to set the fastest lap? Did they not want the risk of both drivers fighting over the fastest lap?