View Single Post
Old 23 May 2024, 08:28 (Ref:4210061)   #3315
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Talking of EV cars, has anyone else heard what a BTCC car sounds like running on pure EV power? Jake Hill uploaded a YouTube Short for us to enjoy.

https://youtu.be/nkrdiKQiDe4?si=vd-QZUYnEirSsicM

I don't know about anyone else, but I was expecting silence.

I couldn't determine whether it was the hybrid system or Hill's normal whining that I could hear!

Seriously, the sound was from inside a fairly bare metal box so sound would be amplified and doesn't reflect what it would sound like from outside. I remember watching EV saloons racing on the TV some time ago, and apart from a lot of tyre screeching, the rest of the sounds of the car was exactly pleasing to the ear. But then I'm biased towards ICE motors.