Thread: LM24 I'm bored with Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2002, 12:57 (Ref:434610)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm inevitably with Fab and SFonseca, but I can sympathise with your view. I have also deplored the worsening of the position of the ordinary spectator, especially those who wield a camera, for whom getting a half decent shot of a car without fencing in the way is becoming virtually impossible. I've also been quite critical (as most will be aware by now) of the Audi domination, and I hold out no great hopes of a marvellous race come next June, but that is ever the case. If we get a good battle every 4-5 years, that's probably as much as we can hope for.

But, as SFonseca says, it's the passion that surrounds Le Mans that is the magnet for so many, definitely including me. I couldn't bear to miss it. Being in France, all that lovely food and drink, and a motor race (of whatever calibre) to watch whilst taking in a unique atmosphere - no, missing Le Mans is not on my 2003 calendar.

I also have to say that I couldn't bear the thought of watching the whole race in just one place - no matter how much I like (or used to like) Indianapolis (and yes, the view has been ruined, I'm afraid).