View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2002, 15:51 (Ref:436464)   #25
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if Spa does end up running a CART race, yeah, why not? But you could add Long Beach then, since that has been F3000, F1 and IndyCars - the event has continued as an entity in its own right. I suppose the same could be said of the Dutch TT at Assen, now part of the Moto GP season.

Monza, yes, has been going since 1922, and is certainly a classic venue. Whether the Italian GP counts I don't know. Pau is another one that has been going (and is IIRC like Macau, an F3 race now) since the year dot, but unlike Monaco, is not a name most people would think of.

Donnington is the first British road racing circuit, has a history of classic GP racing before the war, has always been THE place for bikes (I still can't believe the SBK event has gone to Silverstone) and has run a modern F1 race. It is a top-class venue capable of running any world championship events except F1. But there is no 'classic' race at Donnington - neither is there at Laguna Seca - undoubtedly a very fine and spectacular racetrack.