View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2002, 01:16 (Ref:436833)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Heir to the throne?

It has been many years since a driver so convincingly dominated F1 such has Michael Schumacher. But nothing last's forever and either lack of motivation, superior competition or father time will bring the Schumacher's reign to an end.

Who will be his successor? Will it just be whoever lands Michael's old seat. Or do we already have a champion in the making?

Many will guarantee Montoya is the rising king, other's will shout Kimi's name. I must admit, these 2 top my list.

Or will it be someone else. Before 1997, few would have predicted (I did'nt) Mika and McLaren would rise from the mid-field to knock off Williams and Ferrari so easily.

Is Fisi the dark horse? Will Jacques make a return? Will Rubins move from 1a to just 1? Will Coultard finally make good on promises of yesteryear? Will Yoong stun us all?

Of course alot depends on cars, but the best drivers almost always end up in the best teams.

Will one of these driver's dominate like Michael, or are we heading back to an era when two worriors go head-to-head for 16/17 races, with fierce battles that regularly end in tears?

I put Kimi and Monty as the future duelist, but have suspect somone not in the frame yet may steal the limelight.