View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2000, 01:45 (Ref:44874)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Well Sparky's thread of "Top Ten signs you've bought a cheap car".....well....I guess that there's something you love and you don't like so much about your car. So what is it??

For me....I have a 96 Peugeot 205 GRi with 48000km which is like the european accent.

Pros.
-Fuel economy....oh my god!! I'm always bragging about the car's fuel economy with my friends.
-Very little maintenance needed and almost no repairs so far.
-Performance. For a 1.1L engine the car performs very well. And the brakes and suspension are very good as well.
-Size. I can park it almost anywhere.
-Stereo...I have a Pioneer with CD player and equalizer...and it sounds so nice...
-Service....I've been hearing a lot of bad comments about peugeot dealers worldwide....but the few time's I've had to visit them....they just can't do enough for me.
-Comfortable. The ride is very smooth and although the steering is not assisted....it's not very hard.

Cons.

-The gap between first and secong gear is too big and when your climbing you have to rev it up a lot in first gear to be able to hold it in second.....but from that point on the gears develop nicely.
-The inner adjustment is not very good and the doors and the console tend to make a lot of noise....specially in rough terrains.
-It would be nice if you could adjust the steering wheel's position as the fixed position does not favour tall drivers.

So....I guess that's about it. What about yours?