View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2002, 19:53 (Ref:461157)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I still think it's poor form for Pook to continue to trash people like Ganassi and Andretti and bray and whine about 'em.
Actually, Pook never named anyone (for legal reasons obviously), but what he's saying is 100% true, and he has reason to speak.

I honestly have no idea how Pook managed to keep his cool at times during the season, when he had to deal with reporters constantly pushing him to name 18 cars for next season, and others attempting to get his drivers to say that Cart was dieing, or that they'd be moving elsewhere for 2003. Guys like Jimmy Vasser and Cristiano Da Matta nearly lost it in various press confrences over the year because of reporters that were pushing them to say 'Cart is dead, I'm leaving".

When Cart was having successes, like Montreal, guys like Michael Andretti and Chip Gannassi were using the same settings as a business forum to discuss deals that might have lead to Cart's demise! That's like if Motorola allowed Nokia to use their plush boardroom so they could discuss a strategy that would force Motorola out of the cell phone business!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes