View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2003, 18:41 (Ref:511808)   #52
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Well, Jukebox, this is why I'd love to see a rotating schedule... If it was just for one year ever 3, I wouldn't mind giving them a shot.
Maybe for established events, but is it really fair on these countries to spend dountless millions on building an F1-quality track, just to race there every 3 years? If we want to encourage new countries to take part in F1, which we should do to:[list=1][*]Make F1 a trully global sport[*]Promote the countries economy if poor (Yes, I know if they're poor they may not be building a track - but such money can come from the rich private individuals or maybe a bank loan)[/list=1]
Then we can't be saying "invest all this money, and we'll come once every three years". It needs to be a firm committment; otherwise F1 will not go to these countries at all.