View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2003, 17:37 (Ref:522506)   #3
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Entry fees are 165 per race, the double header is obviously more expensive. I assume you have downloaded regs from the BRSCC website??
2. The engine is a Ford 711M pushrod unit, no longer in production however parts are now readily available from Neil Bold in Manchester and Tony Broster of Newbridge Engineering based in Devon. Both are extremely competent re-builders of these engines, and know the rules and regulations backwards. My advice to you is to not try to re-build yourself as the regs are quite specific about what you may modify and what you may not. Approach Ford Competitions dept. in Boreham for a copy of the Regs. They will be very helpful.
3. Wheels are usually Weller Competition rims, for the RF88 there was bit of a shortage (we ran an RF89 a couple of years ago and had some trouble sourcing replacements) My advice is to talk to some of the others running at Combe, they may have some spares they are willing to sell. Speak to Wayne Poole, Alan Cooper or Robin Parsons, all of these guys are very approachable!
4. Erskine extinguishers are no longer in business, however Ken Thorogood at URS in Norfolk just happens to know a guy who used to work for them and has stocks of bits for Erskine bottles. However Halon is no longer legal so you may have to replace the complete system. Demon Tweeks sell a competitvely priced OMP system that should fit an RF88 for about £150 or thereabouts.
Hope this all helps.