View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2003, 13:28 (Ref:530017)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(1) The growing dismay among the Speed Channel announcers when they realised that no miracle was going to happen and destroy the first three cars so the fourth place car they kept the camera glued on was going to finish FOURTH!

(2) The number of times David Hobbs could say "Michaelschumacher" (one word) in one paragraph leaves me standing in awe. I think he is on pace to beat Peter Page's average of 45 "Mikey Mentions" per race in the days of Andretti worship in CART.

(3) The way they kept making fun of Ralf -- using that Colonel Klink voice to imagine what he was thinking; they did that all weekend and it was really funny!

(4) Imagining TGF screaming over the radio for somebody to force Kimi to let him by -- conveniently forgetting that Kimi was on a team that did not have a contract requiring this. Also watching Kimi smoothly move him into the grass as TGF did to Kimi at Magny-Cours last year, without wrecking either car.

(5) Imagining Jacques' smirk as he held Bunsen up in the pits by choosing to come in at the wrong time and screw up Bunsen's pit stop even if it meant he dropped down the order -- and imagining him pretending that it was an accident. ("Radio Trouble", my )

SEEING A PODIUM WITH NO FERRARI DRIVERS ON IT AND A POST-RACE PRESS CONFERENCE WITHOUT ANY FERRARI DRIVERS IN IT!