View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2000, 12:56 (Ref:53810)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just because the Super Touring class has folded, it shouldnt become a burden on Sport Sedans. If they let in sequential boxes, it would raise build and production costs, as well as **** of a lot of people...not what the class needs.

Converting them can be done, but it is a pretty expensive task, and in some cases, quite an engineering feat. But why you would run a Super Tourer in Sport Sedans is beyond me. For the amount of money it would cost, you would be better off being in another class, or buying a differnt class. A ST would be too expensive for club level racing, and too slow for the national title...

Also, how could a full bodied car be competitive against a space frame car? If you had the money and the desire and the time time, you would do it properly.

If i were selling them, i would try the Asian market, they would probably go for a well sorted ST...do they still race them there?

Future tourers...they dont really do anything for me. Sort of a mix between GTP, Commodore Cup, Saloon Cars, V8 Supercars...they have had a long time to develope since Bathurst 1999, and what do we get at race meetings these days, 3? Saloon cars have been in existance for about the same time of less and they have a great following (car numbers wise), are cheaper, provide the same sort of sideways action, and area great stepping stone.

btw, wasnt Milton Leslight building a BTCC 2001 car? Also the Searle's? And there are others...what happened there?