View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2003, 07:37 (Ref:551877)   #25
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in principle i wouldn't mind, but in practice the entry fees i pay now are only just about managable, as at the moment the entry fees have to pay for everything, what should be happening is that the circuit owners actually do some proper promoting of the events, give the spectators decent facilities conbined with a full and intersting programme of races, then spectators just might start to turn up in decent numbers if they can get in for a sensable entry fee, we would have lots of them turn up, the circuit owners would have more revenue, some of which can go towards the marshalls and some towards reducing entry fees and stopping the exidous of drivers from motor racing, lets face it, without marshalls we dont have any racing, and without drivers we dont have anything to marshall.
if your not sure of my case look at hot rods, drivers pay a nominal entry fee and thousands turn up to watch, i rest my case.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!