View Single Post
Old 6 May 2003, 15:22 (Ref:591105)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget this is an ACO series in which the FIA will tag along. The FIA is very differnt from the dark days of the 80s and early 90s when they had total control of international motorsport and F1 was all they cared aboout.

Now the EU has done at least one good thing and stamped down on the power of the FIA and their mix of sport and business interests.

The FIA is now, in theory, a sport only organisation giving control of series to others such as David Richards in the WRC, Ratel in FIA GT/FIA SCC while the ACO do there own thing. The FIA may even lose control of F1 if its not careful.

Finally when people complain about the state of sportscars I have to remind them about the state of sportscars from late 91 to 95. When I started going to motorsport events at this time there were no top class sportscar races outside of LM and I had to wait for 1995 the Empire Trophy at Silverstone before I manged to see a top class sportscar event after following sportscars from the late eighties.

Last edited by JAG; 6 May 2003 at 15:25.