View Single Post
Old 7 May 2003, 02:20 (Ref:591842)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I love this topic. It comes up every couple of months and while personal bias riddles these threads, logic has left the building.

Ferrari are a team, and as a team will put the majority of it's resources into it's strengths. At this point in time, thats MS.

But before being a team, Ferrari is a business. They all are. There is no way in hell they are going to spend a zillion dollares in MS if Alonso, Jacques or Montoya could do they same thing for less money.

This point seems to escape many here. While Ferrari strategy may (and I dont believe it does) give MS an advantage to the fans, Ferrari themselves would at least know the full story. If Rubins was better than Michael (all round), do you really think they would keep paying MS that sort of money when Rubins could take over?

If Monty, Kimi, JV etc really wanted to prove their worth, would'nt racing along side Michael be the best way to do it? If with team orders etc, Ferrari would know which driver was better.

What I also find funny is that all these "I would'nt drive for Ferrari" mouths have never had the offer! So it's kind of irrelivant is'nt it.