View Single Post
Old 7 May 2003, 02:36 (Ref:591849)   #10
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not really about the money Wrex...Schumi IS Formula One today...whoever has him will sell tons of merchandise/camera time/sponsorship deals/etc. as he is right now considered the best driver (perhaps of all time)

They make more money off him than they do paying him believe me that's how this "business" works...to speak of logic, you don't really believe that MS is worth that much more than say Raikkonen or Montoya in terms of on track performance do you? I have no quams about saying that if Montoya, Raikkonen, Villeneuve or whoever was in that Ferrari from 2000-2002 would have won the WDC... no question.

People who have any self respect (unlike Rubens) won't race for Ferrari because they know the team is built around Shumi (whether he deserves it or not) this will always be the case as long as he is there so racing for them means admitting #2 status.
Granted Schumi is talented and I believe faster than most of the grid, however it is sad that we will never really see a JV/Shumi or JPM/Shumi matchup that would really prove this.

Last edited by TeddyG; 7 May 2003 at 02:37.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.