View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:17 (Ref:634830)   #10
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Fulvio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a big problem in the "rotation-project"... The commercial agreement.

When a promoter makes an agreement with a track for a big event, normally the two parts sign a contract based on a certain number of years. Expecially a big event like a Le Mans Tournament it will be very prestigious to held, so the four trak present in next year schedule will agree to leave the cars race on their tarmac only if ACO says it will be for a minimum of three years, in my opinion....

I talk, obviously, over my experience in the Italian market: everything with four wheels that's not F1 is not followed in our country, so having a big event like an ACO race will be a big loss of money to organize, with absolutely no money gained with the tickets.... The only way you can hope to reach the Break Even Point is to plan a three years event, to teach people what it is and making it "annual"... so you can hope that, workin well, the third year you will have created the pubblic, that will give you back the money you invested in the two years before...

At the end of the day, what I want to say? That the rotation would be wonderful, byt like many other wonderful ideas... it will remain just an idea....