View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:38 (Ref:647584)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol...if you're not behind a crash barrier anywhere on a track, you're in a dangerous position (and should move as quickly as possible to get out of there).

I think the question the marshalls are probably asking (and I'm not a marshall though I've dealt with quite a few) is 'How do we get this car and driver in safe position ASAP'. In some cases, it might be quick to push the car behind a barrier, in others, it might be easier to give the car a bump start and have it drive away - if the car is fully functional this is what's done. Whatever's easiest and will result in all parties being in safer positions as quickly as possible should be done.

Whether the driver should be disqualified is another question. In most racing series he'd be allowed to continue, but F1 isn't most series.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes