Old 3 Jul 2003, 19:34 (Ref:651246)   #5
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdick
i use the bukc forum but have never raced, infact haven't raced for 13 yrs since finishing in cadets
I see. In that case, based on my experience so far, I'd recommend Club100--I enjoyed myself sufficiently earlier this year to pay full rate for a couple of races. The karts are pretty quick, though it doesn't take long before you want more power, though I suppose that happens in any category: you're only competitive once you've slowed everything down mentally. A friend of mine races Senior Pro-karts, and apparently Club100 karts are a little bit slower over a lap of most circuits but feel quicker due to the extra power. They're certainly quicker than corporate pro-karts, however.

As I said above, I'm hoping to race my own kart next season, but Club100 seems a good alternative unless you're particularly keen on the set-up aspect of karting (Club100 do not allow any adjustment whatsoever). The cost did strike me as quite high initially, but given that you just turn up and drive, it's a good deal. Certainly cheaper than running your own Senior TKM, Rotax etc...

I'll let you know my impression of the Endurance championship after I've run the Aug and Sep rounds--standard of competition (lap times for the Rookie enduro championship are about a second slower than BUKC times at Buckmore and Whilton at the same time of year, though weather could have been different), organisation etc... Can't really tell you anything about the Sprint series though.

Last edited by Gore; 3 Jul 2003 at 19:37.