View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2003, 04:14 (Ref:679202)   #4
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gttouring is right; the two GT classes are just beginning to get into the area they'll be in a couple years. But for now, i think that Ferrari really do want to see the 360 GT take a straight fight to the Porkers. Sure, Ferrari lead at Le Mans (for what, half a lap?...) but that was kind of a fluke and then the lump went kablooey anyway.

Regardless of the fact that there are no factory Ferrari GT teams, they did build the GT car and want to see it do well. I'm guessing that they'll spend the off season trying to squeeze some more oomph out of their screaming V8 to recoup the obvious power deficit to Porsche. The chassis seems very good on the 360, and from what i've read it's pretty mega under braking. Power is the key issue and with the people available at Maranello i'd imagine they'll rectify that situation, or at least try to.

I really can't see them simply not doing anything about the insufficiencies of their car or stopping the program; i've never known ferrari to stop something until it's come good. So expect them to get on it for next season.