View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 1999, 21:50 (Ref:6822)   #5
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Real men race on two wheels!!!

If safety, and lethality are going to be the driving force behind eliminating a race series, then motorcycles are out the door.

The Isle of Man has hosted motorcycle racing since before WWI. It is the last true bastion of pure roadracing. Since the beginning this event has averaged two deaths per year. Top professional racers won't even touch it. It is not for the faint hearted, and no one wants to see any one die. Yet it has always had this irresistable draw to me. When I was younger and dumber, the Isle of Man was a racing goal of mine.

Just to say I did it!

To crack the 100mph average barrier would have been a victory.

Racing in all forms is inherently dangerous. If the racer can't take the heat, then don't put on the helmet!

Joe...you know I am a NASCAR fan, but I am also a fan of all forms of racing. Well maybe not monster trucks. F-1 and Champ cars are on the leading edge in engine, suspension, and aerodynamic technology. That is what makes it so appealing to me. NASCAR has a flavor all its own. There is nothing like standing next to the track and having 42 stock cars come roaring by in a pack. It makes the hair stand up on my neck. Those who put down stock car racing don't understand racing. Until you have sucked the seat up your ass while racing...you won't ever understand.

"If it can't kill you...then it's not a sport!"

[This message has been edited by Redneck (edited 28 December 1999).]