View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:54 (Ref:706880)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm a bit surprised by some of the outcries of disgust. If I could play devil's advocate for a sec what exactly did you expect, and more importantly what crime do you think has been committed?

Putting himself in danger? Yes, but that not a crime.
Putting drivers in danger? You could argue they put themselves in danager every time they get into the car.
Making an F1 race interesting? Some would argue he should be rewarded for that.

Seriously though the judge will treat it no different to someone having run onto Centre Court at Wimbledon or onto the pitch during the FA Cup Final. At the end of the day all he did was disrupt a sporting event, it's not as if he was a mass murder or child molester. They are hardly likely to lock him up and throw away the key.

As motorsports fans I know we have a strong interest here but a little persective please.