View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2003, 17:56 (Ref:716737)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, well, you were about a half an hour ahead of me. Ahead is ahead, I guess. Good catch nevertheless.

Tim, the reason Jr is so valuable in this scenario is because he seems to be the closest to "free agent" status there is in NASCAR right now. Do you think Jeffie would do anything to antagonize the France family? It doesn't seem in character. Now, Robbie, it would be in character - but he's not big enough to write his own ticket with NASCAR right now. He's been bustin' his hump to get in, why would he bite the hand?

Tony Stewart I could see showing up in unexpected places, but I don't think he'd do anything to deliberately conflict with NASCAR's goals. Then again, I could be wrong.

It just seems like Jr has the superstarpower that Sr forsaw when he set up DEI for Jr, and I don't understand why current DEI management can't see that. The rumours around Mike Helton stepping from the NASCAR helm to take over DEI were specifically mentioning that he'd come in, clean house, and get Jr under contract - that it was almost an assignment by NASCAR. That's my understanding, anyway.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James