View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2003, 22:02 (Ref:723548)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mike, that is interesting. DO you think that the main problem is that the 14 was never a Le Mans car, if you see what I mean. Although if IIRC it did do well at Monza in '91, which is the most similar circuit that it competitively raced on.

I have conflicting thoughts on this. 1991 was still early days for the 3.5l rules and designer could still have been finding their feet. Perhaps in some ways it isn't surprising that the TS010 gained so much. Progress could be quite quick at the beginning. Having said that for at least the early part of '91 the XJR14 was the class of the field.

The rear wing is quite interesting. From what I remember the rear wing of the 14 set the standard. The 905 adopting a similar design half way through '91 IIRC. And it carries the low body work philosophy to (presumably) get the rear wing working best that we see continued through to today's cars.

The modifications to the Mazda rear wing do sound intriguing. A traditional Le Mans thing to try - even with the chicanes. you could be onto something with respect of fuel economy.