View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:37 (Ref:726275)   #10
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Leslie and Bennett dropped!!

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Wow! I'm suprised Proton aren't retaining Leslie - well infact by looks of things Petronas are the ones who wanted to see this young driver in the BTCC. I wonder whether Leslie will retire, or continue and what Phil Bennett will be up to next year? Farique Hairuman seems to be doing well abroad but surely it's a gamble to put the responsibility of developing the new car on him?

As for the second seat - an opportunity perhaps for one of the Indie runners this year ?
I'd have thought- or hoped- they'd be looking for someone with previous experience of a factory team and a good track record of working to develop a car- although bearing in mind the fact that in Leslie they've just sacked someone who fits that description perfectly.....

Unless they've got someone pretty serious already in mind for the other seat, this does seem an odd decision