Thread: dale Earnhardt
View Single Post
Old 30 May 2000, 10:34 (Ref:7399)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dale Earnhardt doesn't drive his own car because Richard Childress keeps extending his contract and there is alot of history with Earnhardt in the black #3 car. Take the number 3 and GM Goodwrench away from Earnhardt and there would be an instant drop in his collectible merchandise which is higher than his driver salary. Plus Childress supplies engines for Dale's #1 and #8 cars. It is a great marriage for everyone.

As far as Darrell Waltrip, this is his last year of racing. He announced this last year and it has been called his "Victory Tour". So far he has struggled but I feel it is mostly due to the quality of ride he has as well as the team behind him. I doubt though unless all the planets were aligned that he would be able to win. However, I do feel that at the right track he could surprise if he had a great car and team. But it doesn't look like it is going to happen. Honestly, DW should have retired a couple of years ago but he can't seem to get it out of his blood.

[This message has been edited by Joe Fan (edited 31 May 2000).]