View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2003, 19:16 (Ref:745601)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I think Ron has a point. If they's just called that the MP4-18 and developed the new car as something else I don't think half the critisism that they received would have come their way! Even though they did the same development!!!!

I remember an interview with RD in Autosport that said his design boffins pointing out that from their point of view it wasn't a new car, but a development so it stayed as 17.

It is all in a name...

Also interesting idea about the model. Some model manufacturer did do a scale model of the MP4-something that was launched in McLaren Orange in the '90s.
MP4-12, 1997. Minichamps. I have it. Gorgeous.