View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2003, 14:34 (Ref:758352)   #56
vwpilot
Racer

vwpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple of things I dont like is that for sports and racing you cannot use continuous AF unless you are in the sports program mode. That means you do not have any control over your exposure if you want continuous focus, something I desperately need in a camera.

Also no rear command dial and only a four shot buffer. I can get away many times without the acual burst rate, but would quickly fill up the four shot buffer. It is also a dog writing to a memory card, even with the fastest ones out there, so that buffer comes up mighty fast. (I work in a shop and have played with one)

Definately spend the extra cash for the 10d or the D100 if you are looking for a camera to mainly shoot motorsports with.

If its going to be your average family camera for kids shots and landscapes with the ocassional race, it would be ok, but if you want to shoot motorsports with any regularity, I would spend the extra cash, you wont be sorry you did in the long run.

Think about it this way. If you were buying a film camera, would you buy the Rebel? If not, you shouldnt be buying a digital Rebel just cause of price.