View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2000, 20:47 (Ref:7592)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Graham,

Yep, I'm happy with this. It's going well. If I haven't been seen to be replying to all of the questions, it's usually because Gerard beats me to it.

Or in the case of the Indy lap time, where I spent a happy hour and a half in my library and STILL didn't find the answer.

Thought I'd post the registration plates question under a slightly different heading so that no one would mistake it for a patent Graham question.

After all, you had the idea. I wouldn't want to steal any thunder.

Tell you what, I'll go for the road cars questions too (evidenced by me and Gerard over the Triumph Herald) but I wonder if we ought to concentrate on circuit racing for the time being.

My reasoning? Well, there are an awful lot of F1 forum people who never seem to visit Historic forum, or if they do, never feel the need to post anything. If we can do anything to promote this somewhat exclusive forum in the rest of ten-tenths, it might be an idea. Perhaps some recent seasons trivia, or something about a current F1 pilote's pre Grand Prix career. That might get some new visitors.

What d'ya think?

In the meantime, keep up the good work. The more contentious the questions, the better, and if I come up with any more evil little topics, I'll drop them in from time to time.

PS for all those racking their brains over the registration numbers - a clue:

Despite my avowed fanaticism, NONE OF THEM ARE BENTLEYS.