View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:41 (Ref:795963)   #67
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snrub or anyone else who cares...here is a lap around Infineon(me driving). It is by no means a flying lap. The car was rev limited at like 4700 rpms as I was still learning the car at that point. Normally, the revs are at 6500 rpms, and it makes a BIG difference in speed. You'll hear me hit the rev limiter several times during that lap.

About the R compounds, vs. a slick...An R compound is a good in between of high performance street tire and a racing slick. The grip level is a lot higher than a street tire, but still a lot less than most racing slicks. Also, an R compound tire is still fairly forgiving when it comes to slip angles and how quickly the coefficient of friction is reduced when a slide occurs. But yes, as macdaddy said, we are quite off topic. I just didn't want to start a whole new thread simply about me driving Formula cars. I think most of you know already, but my website is www.JeremySpiering.com , and yes I designed and update the website myself, even though its written in 3rd person.

http://jeremyspiering.com/video/Russell_ARC_1_lap.avi