View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2003, 18:48 (Ref:802914)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would agree to a degree...but an engine would be cheaper than a chassis for a lower budget team...and horsepower can help to make up for aero deficiencies...

As I read through the newest set of 2004 regs, I want to make sure that I understand what they are saying about the "Hybrid" cars on Page 14:

The way I read that, if someone owns a 2003 specs car, they must convert the roll hoop set-up to the 2004 regulations to be "grandfathered" in until 2006....

Is that correct????

If it is, what happens if you don't??? You don't race???

Sorry if this is a stupid question....but only a bureaucrat could write something with that kind of langauge that would make me have to ask that question....

At least that is the way that I interpreted it...because it says that you MUST make the secondary roll over apparatus change....

If this is wrong, PLEASE straighten it out for me so that I can understand how this will work for the "grandfathered" cars...especially since there will probably be quite a fw of them next year...

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!