View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2003, 12:08 (Ref:811534)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody well said, V8MAN! Why is it threads like this bring out a whole lot of piping whingers? Makes our Kiwi rockstar, Murf, sound like the legend that he is when all these bleaters come on here and piffle on about a series that they don't personally control.

I reckon Tony Cochrane is a rock star for what he has done for motorsport's profile and development in Australia. Your country, like our's, has too many segmented classes and that is to the detriment of the sport. Sure, anyone can compete at any level, but it doesn't make the sport any stronger in real terms.

By some stroke of misfortune, I picked up a copy of Auto Fiction today and actually bought it, only really for the article on the legendary Pete Geoghegan. As a consolation there was a letter from the mighty Tony himself, and it makes for compelling viewing. I can relate to his sentiments quite well.

Opportunist? Sure he is. He spotted an opportunity and ran with it and look at what we have today - Number 4 sport in Australia! No one else has ever achieved what Tony and the AVESCO team have in any other sport in this part of the world. And quite frankly, I doubt that anyone ever will.

If Supercars gets taken onto a world stage, all the better. Why not showcase what you have got? There seems to be a demand and Supercars seems to be a grand product. So test it! And in China, he will.
And do you know what? The same critics will be watching him like hawks, screeching and bleating about his every move.

If it wasn't for Tony, we wouldn't have Supercars like we have them today - 'nuff said?

TC, I admire you. It must be a bit of a "barstid" being the most scrutinised and seemingly hated man in Australian motorsport, yet the only one who has really built something that has grown rapidly and looks sustainable and exportable.

Well done fella!

Last edited by Just Do It!; 14 Dec 2003 at 12:14.